Linux Mint 18.3 Cinnamon (code name: Sylvia) is the newest LTS version of Linux Mint which released in November 2017.
Linux Mint 18.3 is a long term support release which will be supported until 2021. It comes with updated software and brings refinements and many new features to make your desktop even more comfortable to use
Recommended system requirements:
- 1GB RAM (2GB recommended for a comfortable usage).
- 15GB of disk space (20GB recommended).
- 1024×768 resolution (on lower resolutions, press ALT to drag windows with the mouse if they don’t fit in the screen).
We use original USB stick 16 GB from the good quality known brand. Also, as part of quality process, we made the bootable USB stick from the same checksum (sha256sum) of the following “ISO source” image file:
linuxmint-18.3-cinnamon-64bit.iso = ecebdf9ac4697b6c2d7feffd1bc5430641bca67c7df122fa2914824dc8844b3a
linuxmint-18.3-cinnamon-32bit.iso = 2026b8901f86f4711e2aaa35f5515407eebb7fb2c3cdd0359ffb6f6d0a368b9d
Use the following guidance for the version, you need to choose the correct version:
- The 64-bit ISO can boot with BIOS or UEFI. It is recommended for all modern computers (Almost all computers sold since 2007 are equipped with 64-bit processors).
- The 32-bit ISO can only boot with BIOS.